VFW Post 8762
Commander: James Brashear
Duty of Commander. Among the duties of a Post Commander, he/she shall:
- Preside at all meetings of the Post, conducting such meetings in accordance with Article X of the By-Laws and Manual of Procedure and other applicable parliamentary rules.
- Enforce strict observance of the laws and usages of this organization, including Post, County Council, District and Department By-Laws and the Congressional Charter, National By-Laws, Ritual and Manual of Procedure, and all lawful orders from proper authorities.
- Insist that Post business and activities be conducted in such a manner that they do not violate any applicable governmental law, ordinance or regulation nor bring or tend to bring opprobrium or embarrassment upon the Post, its members or the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States.
- Decide all questions of law and usage in the Post, subject to appeal pursuant to the By-Laws.
- Appoint officers, committee chairmen and committees not otherwise provided for. He/she may remove such appointed officers, committee chairmen and committees at his pleasure. He/she shall, by virtue of his office, be a member of all committees.
- Approve all orders drawn upon the Quartermaster for the disbursement of money by motion made and passed at a meeting of the Post end countersign all checks for the disbursement of Post funds.
- Assure that the office of Quartermaster is bonded according to Section 703 of the By-Laws.
- Assure that all dues and other monies due the National headquarters and Department are forwarded promptly together with accurate reports and returns pertaining thereto.
- Assure that all reports are correctly prepared and promptly forwarded, that all the business of the Post is handled with dispatch and that alt necessary licenses and permits are obtained for proper operation.
- Assure that eligible veterans are encouraged to join and maintain membership.
- Assure that he or his representative attend all properly called District Conventions or meetings and County Council meetings.
- Comply with and perform all of the duties required by the laws and usages of this organization, the provisions of these By-Laws, the Ritual and Manual of Procedure and Department, District, County Council or Post By-Laws pertaining to the duties and obligations of a Post Commander and lawful orders from proper authority and perform such other duties as are usually incident to the office.
Failure without just cause to perform these duties may result in removal from office.
Senior Vice Commander: Jacob "Scooby" Falkenberg
Duty of Senior Vice Commander. The Post Senior Vice Commander shall assist the Commander in preserving order, preside in the absence of the Commander, provide such advice or assistance as may be required and perform such other duties as are usually incident to such office or may from time to time be required by the laws and usages of the organization or lawful orders from proper authority
Junior Vice Commander: Matt Flint
Duty of Junior Vice Commander. The Post Junior Vice Commander shall assist the Commander in preserving order, preside in the absence of the Commander and Senior Vice Commander, provide such advice or assistance as may be required and perform such other duties as are usually incident to such office or may from time to time be required of him/her by the laws and usages of the organization or lawful orders from proper authority.
Quartermaster: Dustin Stephenson
Duty of Quartermaster:
Receive and hold all monies and other properties of the Post;
Pay out monies only after properly authorized by minutes of Post meetings; Ensure position is properly bonded;
Collect all monies due Post and give receipts, notify all members in arrears and collect dues:
Credit National, Department and District per capita dues funds; Transmit dues payable to Department and National in a timely manner; Maintain a dues reserve fund of half all member dues paid annually, to be credited to Generel Fund annually in July; Maintain a Relief Fund and other funds as may be approved by Post meetings; Maintain the books and records at all times in a neat and efficient manner and be ready for inspection; To serve as Treasurer of all Post Committees; To keep all books and post records at the Post facility.
- Current By-Laws, Ritual and Manual of Procedure of the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States and copies of the By-Laws of the Post, Department, District and County Council.
- In a proper file, the original application of every member admitted to the Post.
- A record of all the proceedings of each meeting of the Post after the same shall have been corrected and approved.
- An order file in which shall be kept all orders or circulars issued by the Commander-in-Chief, the National Council of Administration, the Department Commander, the District and/or County Council Commander or the Post Commander.
- A letter or correspondence file.
- A file containing a copy of the proof of eligibility submitted by officers pursuant to Section 216(c).
- A roll of departed comrades.
Chaplain: Jesse Orta
Duty of Chaplain. The Post Chaplain shall be chairman of the Visiting Committee of the Post. He shall, with the assistance of such other members as may be appointed by the Commander, visit the sick and disabled members of the Post and make a report to the Post concerning same. He shall perform such other duties as are usually incident to the office or as may from time to time be required of him by the laws and usages of this organization or lawful orders from proper authority.
Judge Advocate and EMP. Officer: Frank Porter
Duty of Judge Advocate. The Post Judge Advocate shall give the Post Commander such legal assistance, incident to his office, as he may request, and perform such other duties as may be usually incident to the office or as may from time to time be required of him by the laws and usages of this organization or lawful orders from proper authority.
Duty of the Inspector General (IG): The Inspector General shall assist the post commander in enhancing mission accomplishment of VFW Post 8762 by identifying and recommending solutions to performance inhibitors and resolving requests for assistance from members and family members of VFW Post 8762.
Service Officer: John Cox
Duty of Service Officer. The Post Service Officer shall assist members of the Post, their widows and orphans and other worthy cases brought to their attention in obtaining rightful benefits from the federal and state governments, in the preparation of the proper forms for applying for such benefits and in assembling evidence required in connection therewith. The work of a Service Officer shall be performed in accordance with the instructions contained in the VFW Guide for Post Service Officers under the general supervision of the Department Service Officer. He shall perform such other duties as may be usually incident to the office or as may from time to time be required of him by the laws and usages of this organization or lawful orders from proper authority.
Surgeon: Renee MacDonald
Duty of Surgeon. The Post Surgeon shall be the chairman of the Health Committee and, with the assistance of such others as may be appointed by the Commander, they shall promote and put into effect health programs for the benefit of their Post and the community. They shall perform such other duties as are usually incident to the office or as may from time to time be required of them by the laws and usages of this organization or lawful orders from proper authority.
Guard: James Campbell
Duty of Guard. Among the duties of the Post Guard, he shall:
- Allow no one to enter the Post meeting room who does not possess a dues receipt card for the current calendar year or a life membership card, Should the person requesting admittance state that his dues were paid but that he does not have the official receipt card or life membership card in his possession. then the Guard shall inform the Commander who shall ascertain from the Quartermaster whether the person seeking admittance has paid dues for the current calendar year and, if so, the member shall be admitted, provided he is otherwise in good standing.
- Notify the Officer of the Day of the presence of all distinguished guests who may be awaiting admittance.
- Perform such other duties as may be usually incident to the office or may from time to time be required of him by the laws and usages of this organization or lawful orders from proper authority.
Trustees: Larry Myers, Michael McReynolds and Christina Colby
Duty of Trustees. Among the duties of the three (3) elected Post Trustees, they shall:
- Not later than the end of the month following the last day of each quarterly period, properly audit the books and records of the Post Quartermaster, Post Adjutant, and any activity, clubroom, holding company or unit sponsored, conducted or operated by, for or on behalf of the Post, and submit a detailed statement of such audits to the Post.
- Quarterly, through the Post Commander, submit a Post Trustee?s Report of Audit to the Department Quartermaster for referral to the Department Inspector. The Report shall be in accordance with and upon such form as may be prescribed by the Adjutant General. The audit shall be signed by the Post Commander and Trustees, who shall, by their signatures, certify to the accuracy of the information contained therein. Trustees of Posts not under the jurisdiction of a Department shall submit the Report of Audit to the Adjutant General.
- Verify all expenditures of the Post and certify by their signature as to the correctness of each expenditure voucher.
- Audit the records and accounts of all committees, officers and members having to do with the receipt and expenditure of Post funds. Trustees shall not be eligible to serve on committees or as officers whose books, records and accounts are audited by the Trustees.
- Perform such other duties as may be usually incident to the office or may from time to time be required by the laws and usages of the organization or lawful orders from proper authority.
Information Officer: David Hutson
Duty of the Information Officer (IO): To provide the members and the post the most up to date information from the national level, state level, down to the local level. The IO maintains the website as well as the social media outlets for the post. This is a newly created position for our post in order to have one comrade to collect, analyze, and put the information on our webpage and social media pages.
President: Janis Medina
Senior Vice President: Teresa Blackmer
Junior Vice President: Judy Blunk
Treasurer: Robin King
Chaplain: Jean Jones
Conductress: Marsala Tejeda
Guard: Betty Schmidt
Secretary: Edi Clonce
PAT NSTR: Dianne Medina
Historian: Dianne Medina/Edi Clonce
Trustees: Sue McMillian, Betty Schmidt, Donna Cameron